‘Prints mixing’ has always been a path I tread so carefully, a fashion ‘do’ I’ve always been skeptical about, partly because it looks clashing on most people I see rocking it and partly because I feel I wouldn’t even know where or how to start. After much browsing and ‘question asking’ from some ‘fashionistas’ I’ve seen rocking the look perfectly, I’ve been able to gather the following tips which has been helping me in the ‘print mixing journey’ and if you’re like me, wondering how you can go about mixing those prints without looking like a ‘walking clash’, then this article is for you. Happy reading!
- Prints + Solid :- The easiest way to start mixing prints is to combine it with a solid color. You can pair a solid blouse with a print skirt or vice versa. This is always a beautiful look to behold.
- Wear a printed dress:- Another very easy way to wear print is to buy a printed dress. All you need do is pair with nice shoes and you are good to go.
- Prints also have neutrals:- Leopard prints and stripes are said to be the neutrals in the ‘prints’ world. This means you can combine them with just about anything.
- Polka dots + Stripes :- You can never go wrong combining polka dots with stripes. In case you’re still skeptical about what to mix what with, then go for polka dots + stripes.
- The ‘two color’ rule:- For starters, always stick to two colors then proceed to more colors after getting a hold of the trend. You can do no wrong mixing white with black.
- Match the colors:- You can match two different prints that has the same color or you can choose a color from one of the printed piece and make sure the color is also present in the other printed piece you want to combine it with. This look will go together because there’s a common color present in both printed pieces.
- Same pattern, different color:- This is one of the ‘prints mixing’ looks I love. The looks depicted in the pictures below are just beautiful!
- Mix prints of different proportions:- Another way to mix prints is to work with different proportions. Choose a print with a large pattern and pair with another print with a smaller pattern.
- Going monochromatic:- If you are going for a monochromatic ‘print’ look, don’t forget to break it off with a solid belt or shoes so the outfit doesn’t look too busy.
- Finally, it takes guts! It definitely takes a lot of gut to rock this kind of look, so make sure you rock it with confidence.
I hope these tips help and don’t forget to drop your comments. Keep looking beautiful!