Tossing and turning in my bed, I reached out for my phone yet again to check the time. It’s 01:15am. Sleep has eluded me and obviously completely forgot to take me on a ride with it to the ‘land of the dreams’. I closed my eyes frantically, desperately trying to enchant the goddess of sleep, all to no avail. I even tried the popular ‘4 – 7 – 8’ method but pssss! Seems the goddess of sleep has forsaken me tonight. So I decided to stare at the ceilings and drift off to my inner world, where my thoughts endlessly abound. These are my musings, these are my thoughts……
1. The loud, the quiet, the in-between; The true ones, the fake ones and the ones who just go with the flow; The confused, the smart ones, the happy go lucky; The ones who lighten your paths, the ones who darken your paths and the ones who change your whole path…..the world is full of them all.
2. A matchstick can lit like ten candles before it burns out. Oh! What joy and fulfilment the stick would have at rest, knowing it had given light to many others. For there’s no greater joy in the world than giving hope to the hopeless.
3. Only give your time and energy to those who deserve it. When you surround yourself with people who give you negative energy, one thing is sure, you’ll always exhibit negativity.
4. Beauty fades I know. I can as well enjoy it while it last.
5. Just when I think am smart enough, then I make the same mistakes all over again.
6. I’ve decided to live and not just get by. I can’t afford to lay on my deathbed, regretting, not having known what life really is about.
7. What’s the difference between me finding happiness and happiness finding me? When I searched too hard for happiness, I never find it. When I made things and people my source of happiness, it never last. Once I let it all go, I found peace of mind and when I found peace of mind, happiness found me.
8. I am not an optimist. I am not a pessimist either. I only hope for the best while expecting the worst. It’s a way of guarding my heart and it’s the reason why I can never be disappointed.
9. It was just me, alone. It’s just me, alone and when I go, it’ll be just me, alone. No one can have this same mind, no one can have this same soul. No one can feel exactly this same way. No one can be me.
10. Nobody chooses the kind of family they are born into. Nobody chooses the kind of culture, race or skin colour they have. They are born into it. Even more so religion, we most times follow and believe in a particular religion because we were born into it and not because we chose it. Why then can’t we tolerate each other?