Some of us have those friends who put on layers and layers of lipstick and when they get to hug us, accidentally leave ‘a mark of colour’ on our shirts. God help us if we have on white shirt when this very interesting event takes place. Best way to remove the stain? Read on to know how and get to know other simple fashion hacks to live by.
1. To remove lipstick stain, spray hairspray on the part stained and let it settle for a few minutes before washing it off.
2. If your shoes are too small, try wearing a pair of thick socks with the shoes and then heat the tight spots with a blow dryer.
3. Use a razor to de-pill your clothes then use tape to pick off any left overs.
4. Use an elastic band or slide a key chain ring onto the loop of your zipper. Loop it around the button to stop the fly of your denim or pants from opening.
5. Rub deodorant on your soles to help prevent blisters from painfully tight flats or sandals.
6. Use lemon juice to remove armpit odors by spraying in the affected area or squeeze lemon into water and wash the armpit or take a bath with it.
7. Make your shoes sparkle using moisturizer if you don’t have shoe polish.
8. Never put a garment on immediately after ironing as this can actually cause new wrinkles to form. Instead, leave it for about five minutes to set the press.
9. Wrap your chains around your wrist and use as bracelet.
10. For cheap jackets/Blazers, swap in nicer buttons to make it look more expensive.
11. Pin your tube dress or blouse to your bra to keep the tube from falling off.
12. Wear a short dress under a high waist skirt for a different look.
13. Flip a button up shirt inside out when ironing to be able to easily iron over the button side.
14. Use hair straightener to iron your collar.
15. Remove sweat stain from white shirts by spraying the affected areas with lemon juice before washing.
16. To clean dirt off suede, remove the crust from a piece of bread, allow it to become stale then gently rub the edge of the stale bread on the stain.
17. Rub Vaseline along the teeth of a zipper to help the zip slide smoothly.
18. Wrap the waist of a pair of trousers around your neck to know if they fit without trying them on.
19. To know what clothes you never wear, turn all your hangers in one direction, flip the direction when you hang clothes you’ve worn back up. The clothes you don’t wear will still remain in the original direction.
20. Sew press studs or attach a tiny button clasp to a thin strip of fabric. Sew the fabric to your blouse from inside out. This will keep your bra straps in place and also prevent wide neck shirts from falling off your shoulders.
What fashion hacks do you live by? Kindly let us know in the comment section.