Yellow is one color most people shy away from because of its very bright nature. Truth be told, it takes someone who is very bold to pull off the looks wearing this very bold color. Not really such a fan of yellow myself but still decided to incorporate some yellow pieces into my wardrobe, for days I feel like looking ‘very brightened up’. After all, it’s a happy color and who doesn’t want to feel like they are wearing a piece of sunshine?
There are various shades of yellow to choose from though I tend to remember the ones named after ‘foods’ more than the others, you know, banana yellow, sugar cookie yellow, shortbread yellow, *laughs. If still in doubt about wearing yellow, you can try the ‘cooler’ shades to start with.
Here below, is a compilation of how I wear my yellow skirt. I hope this inspires you to add one to your wardrobe too. Enjoy!
1. With a sheer black shirt: The yellow skirt is worn with this beautiful sheer black shirt. Used a black belt and wore black shoes to go with the look.
2. With a navy blue shirt: Blue is a very good color to combine yellow with. I added a midnight blue belt and wore two toned Navy blue flat shoes.
3. With a yellow blouse: Well, yellow + yellow is still a very good match. You can wear it as a monochrome if you are bold enough or break it off with other colours just like I did here. I paired mine with a brown slim belt and a pair of animal print court shoes.
4. With a brown shirt: Brown + Yellow gives such beautiful combinations. You can pair with either the darker or brighter shades of brown, either way, it’s beautiful! This look is that of a ‘desert sand’ brown shirt and a ‘chocolate brown’ belt paired with desert sand brown wedge shoes.
5. With a faded denim shirt: Any shade of blue chambray or denim shirt will go with yellow though sometimes the shade of the yellow matters. A faded/white denim shirt with a beige belt and white sandals is all what this look is about.
6. With a mint blouse: I paired my yellow skirt with a mint blouse, a black belt and black shoes.
7. With a black blouse: A black blouse, yellow skirt, a brooch, wine belt and black court shoes. Thank you!
8. With a grey blazer: I wore a black blouse, used a grey belt then wore a grey blazer on top.