When it comes to Fashion, we can’t but acknowledge the great work Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel has done in revolutionizing the fashion industry. This great icon literally liberated women from fashion bondage. I mean, how comfortable could one possibly be wearing corset dresses, too tight clothing all day, all in the name of fashion?
Here below, are seven lessons from the series of lessons I’ve learnt from this great icon’s fashion quotes.
1. “I don’t understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little. If only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that’s the day she has a date with destiny. And it’s best to be as pretty as possible for destiny”.
Lesson learnt: Strive to look good always! You never can tell who you’ll meet down the road.
2. “Dress sharply and they’ll remember the outfit; dress impeccably and they’ll remember the woman”.
Lesson learnt: Dress in such a way that your memory lingers on in people’s hearts!
3. “The face is a mirror that shows the movements of the inner life: give it the utmost care.”
Lesson learnt: Your face can tell people a lot about you, treat it right!
4a. ” A woman can be overdressed, but never over elegant”
4b. “Simplicity is the keynote of all true elegance”.
Lesson learnt: Always keep it simple!
5. “A woman with good shoes is never ugly”.
Lesson learnt: Like I once heard them say in a Korean movie I watched a while back, good shoes will take you to good places. I totally agree! To conquer the world, you definitely need the right shoes.
6. “Perfumes should be applied in those places where you want to be kissed”.
Lesson learnt: Make it a duty to smell good always.
7. “Fashion changes but only style endures”
Lesson learnt: Following trends and buying latest designs might make you look fashionable but buying clothes that don’t go out of season, finding your own style and dressing the part will definitely set you apart. And that, my dear, is true style!