Hi there! How are we all doing? Great, I believe. This post talks about how to use a brooch. I first published this in 2016, under the title “Broaching the Brooch Topic”. Yeah, that sounded very fancy to me back then. 😀 But really, how many people will type that on google while looking for this kind of article? I’m pretty sure no one. 😀*sigh. That’s why I’ve decided to review and change the title of some of my old posts, this one inclusive. Thank you for bearing with me.
Now to the article:
A brooch is a fashion piece that is very versatile and that has proven over and over again to be an ideal fashion staple. I love brooches so much because I’ve realized that the styling possibilities are endless. Written below are few of the several ways you can use a brooch.
1. For an oversized dress or blouse, gather the extra fabric at the front or back around the waist to make a pleat then pin the gathered fabric with a brooch.
2. Place a brooch on the lapel of your blazer or jacket to create an instant glamorous look. You can place on just one side or both sides.
3. Place a brooch in the middle of a plain skirt just around the waist.
4. Place a brooch at the top of your skirt’s slit.
5. Place a brooch on the left or right side of your blouse, dress or shirt. It can also be placed at the centre of your blouse just below the neckline.
6. Scatter brooches on your blouse to give it a different look.
7. Button a shirt all the way to the top and pin a brooch over the top button.
9. Dress up a boring looking fabric bag or purse with a brooch.
10. Pin matching brooches on plain shoes.
11. Place a brooch on a plain coloured cap.
12. Attach a brooch to your chain to make a pendant.
13. Pin brooches to hair for decoration.
Really, there are a million ways to use a brooch. All it takes is to think outside the box. Thank you for checking out this article. Keep looking beautiful!