I’ve been having breakouts on my face of recent and it’s so not pretty. Well, maybe just some tiny pimples here and there but the pimple isn’t even half as annoying as the accompanying rashes! It’s not too far fetched though to know what suddenly brought about this ‘skin problem’. Really, I know the culprit so damn well. The fact that I’ve been changing body lotion almost every month now for the past one year is the very first suspect which in fact have proven to be the real culprit.
Changing cosmetic products every now and then can actually, actually predispose one to different skin reactions, just like the use of any cosmetic product in the first place has its own adverse reactions.
So what are these ‘annoying’ downsides to the use of cosmetic products?
1. Dependence on makeup : Honestly some of us just become addicted to makeup that we can’t go out or ordinarily walk down the street without having makeup on. Yes, it can be that bad and on days you don’t have makeup on, you feel ‘not pretty enough’. This is what having heavy makeup on all the time does, people!
2. Skin reactions: Skin rashes, eczema, acne are some of the skin reactions that has been associated with heavy use of cosmetic products.
3. Headaches: It’s been discovered that some people actually do have headaches whenever they have full makeup on.
4. Damage to reproductive organs: Well, that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been advised to wash our ‘private parts’ with ordinary water!
5. Ageing: Isn’t it ironic that the use of cosmetic products actually enhances ageing, one of the very reasons we use the products in the first place?!
6. Eye irritation: Use of contact lenses, kajal, mascara, eyeliner can lead to eye irritation.
7.Allergic reactions: Use of certain products can lead to this since most of the products are made from heavy chemicals.
Here below, are some of the precautions you can take to minimize these ‘beauty hazards’.
1. Wear less makeup. You can go for light makeup for an everyday look and keep the ‘heavy’ makeup for days you have occasions to attend.
2. Avoid changing cosmetic products as much as you can. Once you find one that works for you, stick with it!
3. Always do a patch test before buying new products. This is done simply by applying the product on an inconspicuous area or on your neck so you can know whether you will react to it or not.
4. Always, always check the expiry dates of products before you purchase them.
5. Keep your makeup brushes clean.
6. Toss away any makeup products that has overstayed its welcome. Keep powder and eye shadow for maximum of two years; foundation and lipstick for one year then for mascara and eyeliner, please toss away after three to four months.
7. Spray perfumes on clothes and not directly on your body.
8. Make sure to check the ingredients in a product before buying so you can avoid buying ones made with ingredients you are allergic to.
9. Always buy good quality products
10. Make sure you wash makeup off your face every night before you sleep.
Kindly add those precautions you know in the comment section. Keep looking beautiful!